Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Once I Was A Drifter...

Drifting Balloon By Helen Ratcliff

Some people, who know me well, would probably describe me as a drifter. I have, for some time, been searching. Searching for something real. On my journey I have met characters from all walks and experienced many splendid things. But, nothing has held me as tightly as my trip to Africa and waking up at dawn, in The Serengeti, to this vision above... I wanted to capture the essence of being a free spirit. Not just the amazing wildlife in their natural habitat. But, the feeling of, well... drifting. 
 I believe that I am anticipating my imminent future and returning to full - time employment. Not wishing to be misunderstood, however. I am very grateful for the work, but have embraced my freedom within the last few weeks and actually enjoyed my 'self' immensely. After enduring much heartache, worry and stress, I owed it to myself to like being me. Recently I have met up with old friends who have commented on me appearing lighter... I think I have learned how to let go of unnecessary (emotional and spiritual) weight. It feels good and peaceful.
 I hope now to embark upon a more fruitful and pleasurable journey - filled with creativity and making a difference. I am a drifter by nature, but know it is time for some structure and focus. I begin my new job on Friday and will be able to get back on track. A little piece of me is naturally scared of  feeling trapped but I am looking forward to new knowledge and something very real...



To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment