Wednesday, 20 June 2012

A Walk In The Park...

The Tree Line


   So... today... a walk in the park. I followed the tree line to stay out of the lunch - time heat, and, keeping cool, I enjoyed the breeze which made a rustling sound in the leaves and gently blew across my cheeks. The air carried a slight scent of damp moss and a subtle perfume... possibly Chanel No.5. Well... that's what I sprayed this morning...
 Then, I began walking towards the bandstand - evoking thoughts of lazy, summer afternoons... the string quartet creating the soundtrack - whilst the small party looked on... over smoked salmon sandwiches and champagne... err, Anyway...


Delicious Green...



I began to feel quite soothed in the dose of lush green. I particularly like this park, Battersea... another gem (emerald) in South West London.
 Oh, it's that time... the medicinal aroma of lavender. French or English. How we love lavender. Pulling  between the thumb and forefinger... and wafting under the nostrils... arrr... the multi - tasking plant of miracles. And... that colour...


Sweet Lavender

Then... on the way home... a little treat with a pot of earl grey... Summer tart!

Berry Tart

"Any single cream?"

Photos by Helen Ratcliff



To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment