Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Year Of The Dragon...

I was delighted to hear that it is the year of the dragon this year. Yes, you guessed correctly, I am a dragon and have waited twelve years for this tremendous stroke of luck...according to Chinese philosophy anyway...
 Apparently, the dragons are split in to each of the elements of the earth, and this year is the 'water dragon'. I believe that I am a 'wood dragon' though, and wonder... what does this mean? Well, the dragon is supposed to be the luckiest of the Chinese signs and a symbol of good fortune and intense power.
 I have not felt particularly lucky or prosperous in recent years. So... after pondering on my thoughts for a while, considered that maybe being a 'wood dragon' is not so lucky, because dragons breathe fire and surely that would mean burning myself.... What a daft thing to do! Very dangerous! Okay, I realise it is a metaphor, but it would still make some sense. Perhaps this year's water dragon will give some respite to those burning flames, after all, it has calming qualities, apparently.  Needless to say I do not wish to put my inner flame out totally. However, a dash or sprinkling of water may just present itself (metaphorically of course) as the honing devise I have been seeking. Lighting the way forward yet not burning out all of my opportunities and goals.
 The dragon is the divine beast. The reverse of the aggressive monster that westerners felt necessary to hunt and slay. In Eastern philosophy, the dragon delivers good fortune and is a master of authority. Oh... and... us dragons are to be honoured and respected... Hmmm... As it turns out, the wood dragon is creative, questioning, liberal and less pretentious than other dragons. Well I think that sums me up pretty well!
 To that end, I shall continue to nurture and respect my inner mythical, flame - breathing, winged lizard... Or unleash the beast within... And all will be just fine...

No comments:

Post a Comment