Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Plumping up the magpies...

Okay.... I have spent the best part of the last year studying big cats and have spent the best years of my life living with them... However, I get mildly distracted from time to time when I hear other tales of animals in distress.... I have, at times, been accused of being too emotional. Then, isn't it better to be true to your feelings? Everyone is driven towards their personal goals.... Some would argue that a woman devoted to creatures of the feline world is sad and, perhaps a little crazy. Where does that stigma derive from anyway? Cats are cool, independent, masters of survival and look beautiful too.  Well, the 'Flat - headed  cat' is not such a looker, but the majority of big cats are killed because of their exquisite coats! Not that looks are everything! they are cool for many reasons....
Slight distraction, yet again, but have been noticing, because of the mild autumn,  (in fact 2011 has been one of the mildest years on record) that the squirrels and magpies have been foraging in abundance and are all looking quite plump! Shame magpies are not on the Christmas menu... (joke) However, I do believe that we are in for a very cold winter.... Another white Christmas? Sorry, folks, but snow still brings out the child in me.... so, yes please to a white one.

No comments:

Post a Comment